You’re about to be handed the keys to a brand new snow plow at no cost to you. To sweeten the deal you get to choose between a 2015 Oshkosh P-Series or a 2014 Western Star 4800. Which one do you go with?
To make a good decision you must have all the details. Let’s start with the Oshkosh.
The Details – 2015 Oshkosh P2530
- 4×4 (Duh)
- Cummins ISX 500 HP
- Allison 4000 RDS Auto
- Dorr-Miller 2-Speed Automatic Transfer Case
- Hi-Way 11′ E3020 SS Sander
- Wausau 500 A Side Plate Hitch
- Wausau 16′ BMP1650H Plow
- Wausau PB11 Belly Scraper
The Details – 2014 Western Star 4800SB
- Detroit Diesel DD13 470 HP, 1650 LB/FT
- Allison 4500 RDS Auto
- Marmon-Herrington MVG-1600 2 Speed Transfer Case
- Merritor 23000# Front Drive Axles
- Tuftrac Spring Supsension
- Hi-Way 14′ 304SS Sander
- American-Sno P87 Dual Wing System
- American-Sno One-Way Plow
- American-Sno Wing Plows
So, what plow do you choose? Both have big power engines, 4×4 setups, automatic transmissions, and Hi-Way spreaders. Even the plows are made by the same company. Do you wan’t a belly plow or wings? The choice is yours! Don’t worry about aging 100 years in mere seconds, unlike the Holy Grail, there is no wrong choice.