Another programming note. Tune in this Thursday at 8PM EST to the Science Channel for their show Heavy Metal Taskforce. The LeTourneau L-2350 will be highlighted in all of its diesel powered glory. Some quick stats on the L-2350 courtesy of Wikipedia.
Designed to center-load haul trucks with capacities of up to 400 tons, the L-2350 provides an operating payload of 160,000 pounds, a 24-foot lift height, and an 11.5-foot reach.
- Operational weight 258 tons
- 2300 Horsepower
- 16 Cylinder 65.0 Liters Detroit Diesel Turbocharged Aftercooler Engine
- Hydraulic lifting payload 72 tons
- Standart Bucket 40,52 m³
- FuelTank 3974.68 Liters
- Hydraulic Oil 1230 Liters
- Tyres 70/70-57 SRG DT ( diameter 4 m and width 1.78 m)